Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Been online dating with a ***** past month. I've

Customer Question

Been online dating with a ***** ***** for the past month. I've sent money to her $5,000 for travel fees $1,500 for flight ticket$1100 for passport visa and medicaltoday she was leaving on her flight from Lagos Nigeria to Houston Texas.when she went through immigrationat Lagos Nigeria Airportthey supposably found a diamond worth $17,000,000.immigration claims that she didn't have a certificate n now have her detained.The number from the immigration officer is a Florida number comes up as3057049967.with the name Oyewole Daniel.he is telling me now with attorney fees certificate bail money that I should send them almost $20,000to his name.***** ***** cell phone number arrows 234(###) ###-####his supposably immigrant officer claims if I don't send him this money he will turn her into police and she's looking at 10 years in prison.he tells me if I don't cooperate with him I cannot talk to her anymore and she says she will kill herself if she can't be with me
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Sorry but you have met yourself a romance scammer.
Why would a Nigerian Immigration officer have a Florida phone number? He wouldn't of course.
If this story were real and "***** *****" were a jewelry smuggler, she's have been arrested on the spot. Nobody would have called you, and she'd be in jail.
Here are the signs of a romance scammer, and you will already know them because she fits the pattern. No matter who what or where scammers say they really are, what they do is all very much alike. And once they ask you for money before you ever meet, they are never legitimate. The money request is the #1 sign of the scam.
We answer questions like this all of the time, and we have NEVER met one single internet romance from Nigeria who turned out to be the real thing once she asks for money.
The name ***** ***** has been associated with many romance scams. Here are some scam reports. The photos could change, as could her particulars since scammers change their persona details all the time to stay one step ahead of law enforcement, but the name is ***** ***** in scam circles and has been reported:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mary+wilson+scammer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Here are the signs of an internet scammer, and I know they will sound familiar, because you have already told me so:
- the scammer reaches out to you on a dating or social networking website and she falls in love with you at first sight.
- She moves in on you and rushes the relationship towards some kind of a commitment. She pulls you off the site where you met and tells you that she wants an exclusive relationship with you via webcam, skype, Yahoo messenger, etc. She flirts with you, seduces you and teases you sexually, especially when she is talking about gifts and money.
- And as soon as she knows that she's got you all really hot and interested, she starts asking for things or money. She wants to see you but she will need plane tickets and/or a visa, and a Declaration fee or a Basic Travel Allowance. (no such thing)
But then after you've paid all that, she'll have an emergency that keeps her from getting on that plane -- a car accident on the way to the airport. A legal problem with an inheritance from her late father or mother or a problem with her job. A mugging and a trip to the hospital. A dying mother/father/sister/brother/self who can't pay hospital bills. AN ARREST AT THE AIRPORT OR A PROBLEM WITH CUSTOMS. These are just some of the most popular excuses. There are many others.
No matter what the phony excuse, however, she will say that you're her only hope to solve her problems. And all of her problems will cost you money. A lot of it. Despite that, she will never get an inch closer to boarding that plane.
- She will want the money wired via Western Union or MoneyGram, which has no protection for the sender. It's like throwing your money away.
Once she starts asking for gifts or money, You can bet that she's not who and what you think she is. She's a group of thieves, almost always men, sitting at an internet cafe somewhere overseas, working together to rob too trusting, good hearted men and women such as yourself of all of their money.
If you send her money, she'll just come up with another emergency to ask you for more. And another. And another until you catch wise or go broke, whichever happens first. You know that's true because she has cost you thousands already and is now asking for more.
Don't send her that money. You will never see her. She's not real. Cease contact with her and report her to the FBI at IC3.gov.
If you need more evidence and you want to upload photos of her for me to look over or documents she may have sent you, you can do so with your reply, and I'd be happy to take this further and add to my answer.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/archives/expert-search-solr.aspx?q=romance+scam&c=&e=zoey_jd&cu=&s=&sd=&ed=&rpt=2020#ixzz3hKKbGtog