Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I have been ask to donate to a missionary and I need to know

Customer Question

I have been ask to donate to a missionary and I need to know if this email is real or a scam***@******.***
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. Can you explain the contact of this request? Was it made by someone whom you personally know (someone that you have met in person)? Was it made by a person in Africa? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a person in Africa
Thank you. How do you know the person who made this request of you? Have you ever met them in person?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No over Facebook
Okay, this is a definite scam, and unfortunately quite common. The email address you have been provided is a disposable free Yahoo email address that anyone could create and that no legitimate missionary would be using. Scams of this nature are extremely common from Africa, which is why I was able to guess that is where this person was located before you even told me. Basically, they just prey on well intentioned people who are trying to help out. However, this money is NOT going to a missionary, it is going to a scammer who is trying to take advantage of you. Stay away from them and any other people from African that you come into contact within online who want you to send money for any purpose. These scammers will put you on a list as a "probable victim" and will continue soliciting you under different guises now, so anything that sounds too good to be true and any sort of solicitation to send money for any reason should be regarded as a scam. Stay safe! I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.