How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question

CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Fraud Examiner
Satisfied Customers: 10237
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Fraud Examiner Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Customer Question

My name is***** from Leesburg Fla I just bought a 383 stoker engine from Robo Racing for over 7000.00 dollars paid in full.My problem is I have some issues with the motor and can not reach the owner James XXXXXXX Racing.I have called several time and text him many times.At first he would answer but now he is gone.I need some help.Thanks JB XXX phone number XXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You can sue for breach of contract (either the purchase contract and/or any warranty that may have accompanied the motor purchase). You can do this in small claims court (you are looking for the cost of repair for the motor as opposed to the full cost of replacement, so this usually will bring it in under the small claims limit (if you are living in Fl, or if you choose to sue in Fl where the Defendant is located, the small claims cap is at $5,000.00)).Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation. Most mediators can set up a mediation session for you via teleconference if the parties are not living in the same area.