Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

What can you tell me about a gentleman, army by the name of

Customer Question

what can you tell me about a gentleman, army by the name of greg drapper baldwin or greg baldwin drapper. he says that his pictures were stolen and are being used in scams. he says that he has been to court, 6 men are in jail and his name was ser. ***** ***** but had his name changed legally to greg baldwin after all the problems with scammers. thankyou
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. That sounds awfully fishy to me, and this scam report shows who "lopez" really is: but in any case you already know that both names are ***** ***** scams. I don't believe what he's saying for a minute. There are easier ways to show you're not a scammer than to legally change your name. But there are ways to know for sure. These are foolproof: 1) Ask your scammer for his official military email address. This is not classified information. A real US soldier may have a classified email address as well, but he also has a regular military email address with which he writes to his friends and family. Every soldier does because it is the only one he is supposed to use. When he gives his email address to you, it should end in .mil It will NOT end in .com In other words, it should look like greg.baldwin @us.army.mil If the email address doesn't end in .mil on the right side of the @ sign, he is a fake. Only US servicemen can get a .mil email address, and if he can't produce one that you can email him back and forth with, he's scamming you. Period. 2) Ask him for his APO address. Tell him you want to send him a surprise and need to know where to send it. If he won't give it to you for any reason, he's scamming you. If he gives you an APO address it will look something like this: Sgt. Greg Baldwin23rd BattalionUnit 1234, Box 56789APO, AP96522-1215 Note how there's no address listed. That's because members of the US military serving abroad in a war zone are not allowed to give out their locations for security purposes. The mail goes through military channels and they know where he is and will get it to him. 3) Get his name, social security number and date of birth and enter it here on the US Military's website. This too, is not classified information and, in fact, would be information he'd have to disclose if he were ever captured. The site I have linked you to should tell you if he is a soldier. If he won't tell you, then you know he's a scammer. He has no reason to refuse to give it to you. If he does but the site doesn't recognize him or contradicts what he's told you, that tells you he's a scammer too. The above are foolproof. If he can't or won't give you what you ask for then he's a fake, no matter what else he tries to say or show you or how many of his buddies he gets to write or call you to ask you for money. This last doesn't always work, but when it does it's really dramatic. You already know the results because you know his photo has been used with other names. But as you can see he not only uses ***** ***** but Parker Lopez, Edmund Lopez, Kelvin Smith Lopez, Neil Lopez and Rosiski Coleman and has been identified as Harry McDaniel Ashwood in Nigeria: 4) Upload his photo to Google's Search by Image and see if the same photo is being used all over the web on a bunch of different names and profiles. If you can't figure out how to use Search by Image you can send the photo to me through customer service and I can do this for you. Cease all contact with him. Send no money. Report him to the FBI at IC3.gov.