Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

Is loan4u.us is it a scam

Customer Question

Is loan4u.us is it a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
Likely, yes.
How do we know this? These are the red flags:
1) According to WHOIS database, the website was created 06-08-2015. It is literally a month old. Scammers often create and put up websites just to scam people, get as much money as possible, and then walk away and close the site.
2) The registered entity for this site is in INDIA:
Registrant Organization: Loan4u
Registrant Address1: D 74 Shiktidhara
Registrant City: Ahmedabad
Registrant State/Province: Gujarat
Registrant Postal Code: 380001
Registrant Country: India
Registrant Country Code: IN
Why would a US company out of NY have the site registered from India? Unless this was an Indian-based scammer? See here. Many of scammers for such loans operate out of India.
3) The number(###) ###-####is associated with scam calls - see here.
4) Their email is from a GMAIL account - anyone can create it, from anywhere.
THIS IS A SCAM! Be careful.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.