Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Advesta Capital Advisors LLL I was approached by phone about

Customer Question

Advesta Capital Advisors LLL
I was approached by phone about a court case being bought on Apple Investments, which i had invested in a forex programm back in 2007. They seemed to know amounts and costs which they said they got from ASIC
Then a few weeks later I was offered to buy shares in JC Penny if I deposited a similar amount to the claim in the court case. Which was supposed to be nearing completion.
I rang the New York phone numbers and also checked their web site. When they rang the phone number came up as New York.
I have emails from them and an account with user names and password ***** balance of account. Initial contact was Roger Goodall then Richard Bledsoe
All seemed ok but I have become a little concerned of late.
Have you heard of these people.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
When you fall for one type of investment scam, you can look forward to another. Scammers always come back in new guises for another bite of the apple.
There once was an Advesta Capital Advisors which was a registered US investment firm. But it hasn't been registered with the US Security and Exchange Commission since 2011. It cannot make you an offering in the US lawfully, let alone make you one in Australia.
http://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov/IAPD/Content/Search/iapd_landing.aspx?SearchGroup=Firm&FirmKey=138296&BrokerKey=-1
For that matter, there is no such corporation as Advesta Capital Advisors registered with the New York Secretary of State, where it would have to be listed for tax purposes, even if it were not an investment firm.
This offering is just a way to try to steal more of your money.
Ignore this opportunity. Nothing about it is real. Any money you send you will lose, and you will not receive any legitimate stock for it.
Any time a so called foreign broker contacts you with a lucrative investment opportunity it will be a scam, each and every time. It is unlawful for investment firms to make unsolicited offerings like this. Financial regulatory authorities all over the world warn about unsolicited contact like this.
Investing is very heavily government regulated. In order to trade lawfully in stocks, a brokerage must be registered with the financial regulatory authority in its own country and authorized by your country's financial regulatory authority to trade in Australia. This company is not registered in the US.
Report the fraud to the FBI at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. In your own country, report them to Scamwatch.gov.au and to ASIC to warn your countrymen.