How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ely Your Own Question

Ely, Consultant
Category: Fraud Examiner
Satisfied Customers: 99982
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
Type Your Fraud Examiner Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get someone charged in the USA me off

Customer Question

How do I get someone charged in the USA for ripping me off I live in Australia and I have found out who has been ripping me off
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) More about what happened. Who ripped you off? How?
2) What state do they live in?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She calls her self ***** ***** from Australia but her really name is***** from minnesota she says she was a Austral***** *****ke I am and wants to come home I found out who she really is from a website called Spoken you may off heard of they website on finding out who has ripped me off and who I have really spoken to I hope this information helps you and me the ***** ***** which is Jessica Gunion her email address is***@******.*** again I hope this helps
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
So you gave her money to "come home," only to find out she is not actually who she says she is? Is this what happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I find it strange that she kept on asking for more money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
The best way to file a complaint is to file a complaint with the POLICE DEPARTMENT in the city/town where she lives. Most of these can be contacted by email, even. If you tell me what town/city she is in, I can provide that information.
If you are not sure, you can contact and file a complaint with the FBI in Minnesota, and the contact information for this is:
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Phone:(###) ###-####
Fax:(###) ###-####
This begins the criminal part of the matter.
Let me know if you are also interested in pursuing her civilly.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Related Fraud Examiner Questions