Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

I also got a uk megamillion lottery too from my email, n

Customer Question

hi I also got a uk megamillion lottery too from my email, n theyre sayin I have to send 398 processing fee n official seal all by email
do u think its a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
k this is another email ,bc I replied n asked if it was a scam,
UK Mega Millions Lottery
Washington D.C Liaison Office
8th Street NW, Washington, DC 20535
E-mail:***@******.***Winning Numbers: 50-61-9-70-37-(8)Your WinningsAttention: Maureen Fredericksen,This is to inform that you are indeed our winner of the $1,500,000.00 prize. We want you to know that everything is legal and all you have to do now is to complete your payment processing fee via Western Union to the following information:Receiver: Jerome FireCity: AbidjanCountry: Ivory CoastQuestion: Trust?Answer: GodAmount: $398Make sure to have your payment made out correctly to the above information and immediately today as we want to release your winnings to you today. We will be waiting to hear from you with the payment information once you have made the payment today.PS: As prove we have attached the FBI's Letter of guarantee regarding your winnings with us.Regards
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Did you still wish to for a quick call to discuss the matter, or do you want me to simply reply online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
n yet another one UK Mega Millions Lottery
Washington D.C Liaison Office
8th Street NW, Washington, DC 20535
E-mail:***@******.***
WINNING NUMBERS: 50-61-9-70-37-(8)
*Your $1,500,000 Lottery Claim Has Been Filed*
To the Attention of: (Mr/Mrs/Miss) maureen fredericksen,
This is to acknowledge receipt of your claims processing form for your $1,500,000.00 Lottery Winning and to notify you that approval is pending until you pay the one-time fully refundable processing fee. As soon as we receive this payment, approval will be granted on your file within an hour and you will be contacted by the paying Bank with your account information credited with your lottery winnings alongside a full refund of the claims processing fee. Once you are in contact with the bank, you can transfer your lottery winnings to another bank account, request an ATM Card or Check to be delivered to your home. You will be given directions on how to do all of these.
Note that if you do not have a bank account you can make the transfer out to a spouse or sibling's account you might have access to or request a check or an ATM Card from the bank. Now you are advised to go ahead and pay the processing fee of $398 via Western Union to the following cashier in other to approve your winnings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Receiver's Name: Jerome Fire
City: Abidjan
Country: Ivory Coast
Test Question: Trust?
Answer: God
Amount: $398 (Three Hundred and Ninety Eight United State Dollars.)
Important: Once you have made the payment you must validate it by e-mailing us the MTCN/Ref number on the Western Union/Money Gram receipt. Until then, your payment will be null. You will be faxed or emailed payment receipts after validation (for your records).
Go to our Winners Gallery (http://us.ukmgamillions.com/index/log/winners/winners.html) to read the success stories of previous lucky winners like yourself who paid the $398 fee and their payment was successfully completed.
E-mail***@******.*** with any questions you may have or if you need clarification/assistance.
Under normal circumstances you are not supposed to make a payment for a lottery you won but due to the fact that this lottery is an international lottery from the United Kingdom, there is a no tax policy on the funds, which means the processing fee cannot be deducted from your winnings and our headquarters will reimburse you fully for this fee.
Because you won this lottery from an online balloting system, your claim will expire after 10 days, starting from today. Be sure you act accordingly before this expiry date.
Best Regards,
David Rain
Claims Processing Department
Email:***@******.*** (24/7 assistance is available)
+1(###) ###-####
*Be sure to have read this email in detail and act accordingly, email your agent if you have questions*
*CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN*
CC: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
This is a scam. See here or here.
This is a common scam where they purport that you have won money overseas, only to actually steal money from you, as well as possibly your identity.
Also, consider this:
1) US citizens cannot participate in foreign lotteries, and
2) If you do not remember entering, how could you win?
Please do NOT reply to such emails or calls and disregard/delete them.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.