Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.
26798026

Is this email a scam? To You Letter from Mr. Maxwell, This

Customer Question

is this email a scam?
Good Day To You
Letter from Mr. Richard Maxwell, This is to acknowledge your message today and this is 100% legitimate visit this web-page:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/euromillions-winners-richard-angela-maxwell-5448312
NOTE : CODE OF COMMUNICATION : RICHARD/231-101/00/02 the Code is for authentication against any body trying to parade themselves as me.
My name is***** a self-employed Coningsby, Lincs, who won the £53 million LOTTO MAX jackpot on Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Even though the staff took time to confirm it, I scanned my ticket on the self-checker. When I saw all the numbers, I didn't think it was real. I thought I won just a couple bucks. I verified the numbers while at work and immediately decided to skip work, return home and take a shower before sharing the news with my friends and family
I have decided to donate the sum of $2,000,000.00 USD to you as part of my own charity project to improve the lives of 5 individuals in the world from my £53 million Jackpot Lottery winning funds at the Euromillions on Tuesday, March 31, 2015.. I asked for divine intervention from God and searched over the Internet for some deserving individuals to donate this money to in your country and saw your profile on Google list of email owners and the lord helped me picked you randomly. I may not know you, and i know you would want to speak with me but i am not liable to talk on phone for i prefer emailing. but i believe if you were chosen by God to receive this donation of 2,000,000 USD you must be a God fearing individual, as a christian, i believe that Good things come to those who wait for the right time and also believe. I have also helped some charity organizations, family members and friends from my winnings. it something that has been difficult for me to handle but we bless God whom has been giving me the courage to move on.
To carry on the disbursement process of the funds ($2,000,000.00 USD) which have been donated solely to you, You are to respond with your FULL NAMES for payment and CONTACT ADDRESS I am hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your country. i will employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living for as many people as you can because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place and you have to be aware of the impact on the life of others.
I anticipate to read from you soon.
Richard and Angela Maxwell
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
This is unfortunately a common scam. People who win the lottery and decide to give the money away give it to licensed charities (which gives them a tax deduction) or they give it to friends and family. They don't randomly email strangers online. They want to know where the money is going. This scam has been floating around the internet for years, with various different names attached, but it's unfortunately not real. You are not a charity, so a person cannot "donate" money to you.
If someone did want to give you money, they could just send you a check. There's no need to go through all these hoops and especially no reason for you to pay them to do it.
Here are some other reports of this scam:
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/richard-angela-maxwell-advance-fee-scam.shtml
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/1m-EuroMillions-scam-Email-says-Lincolnshire/story-26523898-detail/story.html
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.