Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is shippingmygoods.com a legit company

Customer Question

Is shippingmygoods.com a legit company
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Shippingmygoods.com is actually registered with the Federal Maritime Commission, just like it says on its website.
You can look it up on the FMC official website by its license number and get the company name, address and phone number here:
http://www2.fmc.gov/oti/ff.aspx
The Florida Secretary of State's business register shows that the company incorporated in Florida in 2011. The address listed with the state of Florida matches what the FMC has as well.
http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=SHIPPINGMYGOODSCOM%20P110000866821&aggregateId=domp-p11000086682-0fdf3e0b-a767-4a70-9d7b-8ef4e12b199d&searchTerm=shippingmygood.com&listNameOrder=SHIPPINGMYGOODSCOM%20P110000866821
This is a legitimate freight forwarder. That said, however, scam operations frequently "borrow" the names of real companies to further their fraud.
So please tell me what your dealings are with this company. Use the reply tab below to respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i have allready payed them a 300 dollar deposit and i just want to make sure that my stuff will be picked up and delivered in germany.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
If you're the shipper, then you should be okay with this company. They are lawfully registered with the state and Federal Government and they have the appropriate licensing.
You could give the Florida State Attorney General's a call and see if they will tell you if the company has a complaint history. But I see no scam reports and can't find any reason to believe that this company won't do what it's supposed to.