Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Licensed Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney / former Law Enforcement Agent
26296561

I was offered grant monies fee... face book page William

Customer Question

I was offered grant monies for a fee... face book page William Charles Pearson.. claims to be an attorney... his business is http:/federalgrants.weebly.com.. email is***@******.*** ON his face book page he claims to have worked as an attorney at these companies...turns out one of them is a magazine... He wants me to send money to an unknown person who is an accountant in Kentucky then in three days by FedEx a check will be issued to me... He has no list of successful people but a few who may be part of the scheme to defraud people
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a former law enforcement agent and a Fraud Examiner.Unfortunately, this is a 100% online "grant" scam, since it is against the law for a legitimate grant providers to request any money in exchange for a grant. I would strongly suggest that you report this crime to your local police and also to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov and also change your facebook contact information, so the scammers won't be able to target you in the future.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you... I have collected and saved a long account of these people answers. Even called the company of one of them whose name on face book is Smith Jefferson (Jefferson jr.) He claimed to be a project manager for an engineer and construction.. and they have never heard of him... I just hope they don't come after me... I mean literally after I report this to www.ic3.gov

Thank you for your follow up. Scammers are only interested in defrauding money from their victims and hardly ever would meet their victims in real life, as the scammers will try to do anything, to avoid detection and criminal prosecution.Please let me know, if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.