Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.
26798026

Advance america cash advance pay day loan(###) ###-####ext.132"

Customer Question

"advance america cash advance pay day loan(###) ###-####ext.132" kevin smit, shan cooper, ***** *****, ***** *****.
for $5,000 loan they asked me to prepay month in advance, processing fee, tax, & others amount more than $2,000 yet they ask me more in advance.
Are they real ? Please help!
Kind Regards,
Gil (###) ###-####
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. No, this is not a legitimate transaction. It's illegal to charge someone an upfront fee to gain a loan, and NO legitimate loan company will EVER require an upfront cash payment. Loan payments aren't taxed, there's no logical reason to prepay a first month's loan payment (why not just reduce the loan by that amount), and any other fees should be either rolled into the loan balance or covered by your interest payments. There IS a real company called Advance America - and they have posted on their website disclaiming any connection with these scam artists. It's very common for scam artists to misappropriate the names of legitimate companies (Yahoo actually sued for trademark infringement a few years ago because they were so pervasive). They ask that you contact the Federal Trade Commission to report the scam artists who are asking you to make an upfront payment to get loan.https://www.advanceamerica.net/scam-alert-information Here are reports from dozens of other people who have been targeted by the scam scam.http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/advance-america.html Do not send these people a penny. If they call again, just hang up. You can report them to the FTC here:https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1 If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Don't you think that their phone number's check?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
The number you provided is not the one that Advance America lists on their website to confirm whether someone is trying to scam you. Look at the link I posted.
I found the phone number you provided on another scam email purporting to offer cash advances, but I cannot find anything whatsoever connecting it to a legitimate company. Legitimate companies don't charge people $2,000 to take out a $5,000 loan. Ever.