Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

A man name ***** ***** from Citrading convence me into invessting

Customer Question

A man name ***** ***** from Citrading convence me into invessting $5000.00 and saying it will Double in two weeks so I did and in two days it was down to 13.00 and the next day I was locked out of my account. I looking for help please.
***** ***** (###) ###-####
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
I do not have good news for you. You fell for an investment scam where you were lured into putting your money into the hands of a foreign unregulated option trading company, which cannot even lawfully trade in the US. Worse, it's impossible to find out where this company really is so that you can go after them.
All of these programs that promise quick and easy riches from your home are using deceptive advertising and marketing techniques to sucker you in to spending money on programs that only enrich the owner of the website. There is no quick and easy way to make a fortune. It is illegal for any investment broker to cold call and directly solicit potential investors, and that is a major sign of an investment fraud and always to be avoided.
Binary option trading is very much like gambling and is illegal in the US unless you are trading through a broker that is regulated by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Citrading isn't. Trading is very volatile and you can lose a lot of money. If you deal with unregulated brokers, you will have no recourse under US consumer regulatory authorities.
If you can find them, you can pursue them for either criminal or civil fraud, but finding the is a very big if. Their website has no contact information, and they are using a proxy privacy service to hide the name of the website's owner and his actual location. They could be anywhere in the world or nowhere at all.
This unfortunately is is a matter for the police. You need to report the fraud to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov.