Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Have been contacted by one Mark XXXXXX

Customer Question

Have been contacted by one Mark XXXXXX, from A&G Services from the state of Washington. His phone number is ***** XXX XXXX ext XXXX. He told us about a complaint filed against timeshare org. in Kissimee FL, about our "escrow account", supposedly for refund of $18,472+. I have become convinced he is a fraud, and would like to know if any law enforcement group specializes in prosecution of this type offense, as we are supposed to be in contact Tues. AM May 25, 2015 and would like to see Fraud stopped and if this is one, I would like to see this brought to JUSTICE! Thank you for listening. Our phone number is ***** XXX XXXX. Ronald and Ronda XXXXXX
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
I'm sure you have good reason to think he is a fraud. The phone number nominally traces to Washington, but it's a VOIP, which means the phone call comes over the internet from anywhere in the world.
If he's a fraud, his name is not ***** *****. The Washington Secretary of State's corporate register shows no such business in the state as A&G Services. For that matter, even Google can't find a WA business with this name.
Most scammers of this sort prey on victims from outside of their own country. It's likely Mr. "Parker" will be out of the reach of US law and law enforcement, but if your local police want to cooperate in some kind of a sting operation, you can report this fraud to them and see if they are interested. Otherwise, you'd report this sort of a matter to the FBI online at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov.
Once you've done all that, cease all contact with him and, of course, send him no money.