RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in criminal and various other areas of law.
18284290

Begin forwarded message: From: "Lynn M. Bernhardt" <*****@******.***&

Customer Question

Begin forwarded message:
From: "Lynn M. Bernhardt"
Subject: Please Contact: Me Via Email:***@******.***
Date: 21 May 2015 1:05:42 pm AEST
To: "*****@******.***"
Dear Friend
You were chosen to receive my Cash Grant Donation of $2,000,000 USD,Please contact: Mrs.***** *****dler via email:***@******.***
Please you can read more about me by viewing the below links:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2382170/Patricia-Chandlers-neighbors-react-social-workers-131-5-MILLION-jackpot.html
Regards
Mrs. ***** *****dler
Can you find out what is going on and who is responsible for this smam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question this evening.
I'll be honest and tell you that you're not going to find out who Lynn M. Bernhard is, because that's not the name of a real person running the scam. Scammers will always use fraudulent names (sometimes taken off of social media sites like Facebook -sometimes with pictures) to avoid detection. I've also come across scams where names used were names of CEOs, political figures, etc.
The scams originate in foreign countries -typically Nigeria and Ghana. This is a 419 scam or "cash scam" - a person like yourself gets an unsolicited email claiming they are entitled to a large cash sum or lottery winning, or prize, etc. If they respond, then they're told that in order to claim the money, they will have to wire funds (since wired funds cannot be traced) in a certain dollar amount for tax, or processing fees, or so forth. Once the money is sent, of course, the cash award never shows up.
What you can do is report the scam to Action Fraud, which is a National fraud and cyber crime reporting center. The link can be found here:
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
If you have further questions or I can clarify anything further, please use the REPLY feature, and I'll be happy to assist you. Thank you.