Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I am trying to book a trip to Guam and was pressured by the

Customer Question

I am trying to book a trip to Guam and was pressured by the agent of Smart Fare to book immediately. Is this a legitimate company or should I be wary?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.

Are you talking about Smartfares.com in California at (858)*429*7599 or 429*7676? If so, their website has been operating since 2003, and their business has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau. They are a legitimate company. The BBB review is being updated, but you can call the Better Business Bureau and get the information that they have on them.

That said, scammers can borrow the names of legitimate companies, so you want to make sure that you are actually dealing with the real SmartFares, because you can book through them online without having to speak to an agent.