Loren, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

Does DCRA have anything to do involving verification of ones

Customer Question

Does DCRA have anything to do involving verification of ones identify per Federal government protocol?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
No, there are no federal agencies involved in the administration of any contests, lotteries or sweepstakes. Anyone purporting to have sweepstakes winnings for you is lying and trying to steal your money.
Additionally, no legitimate sweepstakes requires a winner to pay to release winnings. If they were really holding money for you, you could just tell them to deduct it and send you a net check.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.