Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is TRP Floor 39*****Sydney a acam as there is no ABN

Customer Question

Is TRP Floor 39*****Sydney a acam as there is no ABN nos and they do not list who they are a member of?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
I can't find any such company as TRP. Are the initials an abbreviation and if so, what do they stand for? Do you have a website for TRP that you can provide?
What is the nature of this business? What are they supposed to provide you with, and what are you to do for them in return?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ZoeyThey are in financial investments (they say). I have a copy of a letterhead but I cannot scan at present. I could send this to you tomorrow. I believe they also go under Financial Investments I can find this out Monday & make an update.Kind Regards
Glynis Helton
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
If they are a bona fide investment firm, in order to lawfully solicit investments, it has to be registered with the financial regulatory authority in its home country and be authorized by ASIC to do business in yours.
The fact that this appears to be an Australian firm means you ought to be able to look it up on ASIC and it would have an ABN or ACN number. So right away, I can tell you that this can't be a legitimate financial firm.
Still, I would feel better knowing something more about it. How did you find them? Did you get an unsolicited call or email? If so, that is another scam sign because legitimate investment brokers do not make unsolicited calls. It is unlawful.