Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is Option Mint.com legit

Customer Question

Is Option Mint.com legit
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with this question. This depends upon what you mean by "legit." The website has been up and running since 2012, according to its WHOIS information and its registration continues through 2016 at present. So the site is not brand new, which is a good sign. But the company's actual whereabouts aren't available and they do not appear to be regulated by any financial regulatory authority. We get many complaints about binary options brokers here on this website, on a daily basis. If a broker is unregulated, these traders are ouside of the reach of the law, make their own rules and literally anything goes.We hear horror stories of unauthorized tradings, wildly expensive fees to withdraw earnings that only lead to more fees, and credit card fraud. Then, when you go to look for them to exercise legal remedies, you frequently find that you don't even know where they are or that they don't respond any more to your emails and aren't anywhere at all.Option MInt is not regulated, and its contact information does not even say where it really is, . So your options for recovery would be severely limited in the event of any irregularity. I don't know where you are located. If in the US, binary trading is not even legal unless the broker trades on a CFTC exchange. Binary option trading is volatile and very, very risky even when the broker is legitimate. When the broker's not, however, results can be disastrous. One of the few things you can do to protect yourself is to trade with a regulated company. Option Mint is on the Blacklist of several binary option reviewers. I suggest avoiding it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is Sam Paul of option mint a real person
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

Since the company is not regulated an official list of company officers and employees is not available. There is no way I could tell you if he's a legitimate person. The name is ***** ***** common. The site, however, is disreputable, so I'd doubt it.