Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I only have the key to my f150, not the remote with the red

Customer Question

I only have the key to my f150, not the remote with the red button. The car is locked now so I can't get into it without the alarm going off. I've been reading that I should be able to turn the key in the ignition and then push a button under the dash.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: 2 questions. First I keep seeing that it needs to be a programmed key. How do I know if my key is programmed
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: Second, I haven't noticed the button before and I want to make sure this will work before I set off the alarm and upset the whole neighborhood. Do all models have it
JA: What year is your F150?
Customer: Not really
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not actually sure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How soon will I be connected?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

No key fob is needed to enter and start a Ford vehicle unless you have keyless ignition push button start. Sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm on this truck. What year model and what brand alarm?

If you enter the vehicle, will it crank and start?

The key will have a large black head on it for a chipped key.

Any out of place wiring or modules under the drivers side of the dash?

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It's 2003 and it's not an after market alarm. It's the one that came with the truck. I can enter the truck, but the alarm will sound and I don't know how to turn it off, so I haven't opened it yet. From what I've read online there is a button you can push once inside but I've never noticed it so I'm worried I won't be able to find it. I want to make sure it's definitely there. I don't want to have an alarm going off that I can't stop.

The truck did not leave the factory with an alarm and button inside nor an alarm system that can not be disabled by using the key in the ignition. In the event it goes off and continues going off then something else has been added to the vehicle or you can pull the battery cable to stop it or remove the horn fuse or relay.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 days ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris