Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I turn the key but my truck won't crank but the starter

Customer Question

I turn the key but my truck won't crank but the starter keeps turning over. Then I have to switch the key to the off position because the starter keeps running.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No my key it is not one or damaged and yes you can turn the steering wheel
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 Ford Lariat
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have not tried anything yet. Just trying to figure out what is going on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When you try to crank the truck the starter keeps turning over for about 10 seconds and then it stops
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Check fuse 27 in the underhood fuse box. More than likely it will be melted. If it is you will need to have the fuse relocated using Ford fuse relocation kit part # EL3Z-14293-A. Sometimes if you can get the fuse and both terminals out you can replace the fuse and it will get it running temporarily until you can get the kit installed.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 days ago.

Was the fuse burnt?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 days ago.

Since you have been viewing my replies without responding, I will leave you alone from this point.

Hope that was the issue.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Would you like me to help?