Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Check engine light on and flashing. it's a e-450 super duty

Customer Question

check engine light on and flashing. it's a e-450 super duty cab attached to an RV
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: blink
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have not tried
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's running rougher than normal (even when idling)
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

A flashing check engine light means the computer has detected a misfire occurring. Normally this is a coil that is bad. This light on also means a code is stored. So a scan tool can tell you which cylinder has the issue.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 day ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris