Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I just replaced timing chain and tensioners on my 2007

Customer Question

I just replaced timing chain and tensioners on my 2007 Navigator I am having trouble getting the cam followers back in
JA: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?
Customer: 125,000 nothing wrong with it, just having trouble getting the rockers in not sure what position the cam needs to be in to get rockers in
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am doing myself, after i get the valve spring compressed I cannot get follwers to go in
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: what happened to my question
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: oh ok
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 days ago.

When installing the followers the crankshaft needs to be rotated until the piston for the valve being serviced is at the top of its stroke with the intake valve and the exhaust valves closed. See the steps in the link below. See if this will help you get them back in place.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Rollers%20Jun%2016.pdf