Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Replacing the strut assembly and the arrow on the bearing,

Customer Question

replacing the strut assembly and the arrow on the bearing, needing to know which direction it is suppose to go in......this is on a 05 Ford Freestyle
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Freestyle. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no that is all
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Ford does not mention it in the strut rebuild nor replacement steps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/d872wcw4p1uyel2/05strut.pdf?dl=0

During removal I have seen the arrow pointing to the front and to the wheels. I have not seen ill effects from doing it either way.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 days ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Sorry so late but when I first tried, couldn't get away from the trial thing!! I suppose you gave me the best you had but there was a certain way the arrows went on each side. Considering the view of a pic we finally got elsewhere it does make a difference. Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 day ago.

Glad you found the answer needed and sorry Ford did not mention it in the tech repair guides.