HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

We have a 2001 powerstroke with a no start condition and

Customer Question

We have a 2001 powerstroke with a no start condition and trouble codes p1293 and p1294 if you could help with diagnostics that would be great
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 days ago.

Hello, both these codes indicate a loss of power the fuel injectors from the injector driver module on both sides of the engine. It could be a fault with the IDM itself in the left front fender or a much bigger problem. You will need to test power at the injector harness and go from there. The valve cover wiring harness is also a popular issue. But if these codes are hard faults that come back after clearing and no other codes are stored. You will need to run through the pinpoint test. The injectors run at a high 115 dc volt which can injure you if you dont take certain precautions. The wiring harness is known for melting at the valve cover.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok well I have tried a test idm and it's the same. the driver side valve cover harnes just has 4.5 volts and no ground and passenger side has 1.3 and no ground if you could send the pin point test plz and thanks
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 days ago.

Here is the pinpoin test

Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 days ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied less than 1 hour ago.

Do you need more help?