Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

Second opinion] Ford f150 2013 change transmission oil and

Customer Question

Second opinion] Ford f150 2013 change transmission oil and filter and start truck want move any idea what I did wrong
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is Jay

Did you use the new Ford fluid Mercon LV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
mercon LV And new filter is any way we can talk?
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

Payment failed for phone call. Contact customer service.

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

I can tell you that if your transmission was working fine before then you must have not got a good seal on the filter seal when you put it in or have not put in at lease 3.5 quarts when refilling before purging air and topping it off.

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

Do you want refill procedure for this truck?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know what to do now
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

Follow this procedure. You must of got too much air in system. Make sure to follow this refill procedure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89kr578epp0qidy/2013%20f150%20trans%20service.pdf?dl=0

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

Ivan, Were you able to get document?

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

Did you have any other questions for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have but how to get air out
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.

Just follow procedure and do not try and drive it unless you have put in at least 3.5 to 4 quarts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 1 month ago.