Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The anti theft on my ford edge 07 its flashing rapidly when

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: the anti theft on my ford edge 07 its flashing rapidly when turn to 3rd position and wont let me start the car I'm in the middle of no where and I really need to do something
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: actually one of them was and I just clean it
JA: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just try in plugging the battery for a few min ..haven't done anything other than that
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: everything turns on and seems ok all lights come up radio and headlights .. but i just have that blinking paddle lock on the left corner flashing crazy
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

The vehicle currently thinks you are a thief. Do you get the same results from both keys? Any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle?

Something in the PATS system has likely failed like the transponder. A diagnostic tool is need to diagnose this as well as to reprogram 2 keys to the vehicle once done. There is not a way to bypass this system to move the vehicle. A tow or mobile locksmith needs to come to you.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris