Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Second opinion] Ford f150 2013 change transmission oil how I

Customer Question

Second opinion] Ford f150 2013 change transmission oil how I drain torture converted
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

If the converter on your F 150 has a drain plug, (not all do ) it will be located on the front of the converter, remove the inspection place on the bottom of the transmission and tap the engine over 360 degrees and see if your converter has the plug, if it dose then it can be removed and the converter will drain.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You mean where is fly wheel?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

The flywheel bolts to the back side of the transmission and the converter bolts to it. Under the truck at the front of the transmission at the bottom you will see the inspection plate. remove it and bump the engine over , if your converter has a drain which some do , you will see it sticking though a hole in the flywheel. All you need to do is unscrew it and it come right out.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If I change only 5quarts oil Try start truck want move do I did something wrong
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

If the transmission is full and you only removed 5 quart then that may very well be. Did you have a problem before you replaced the oil?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not on that truck but I never have problem before
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

Okay there is a procedure to refill this transmission . Have a look at the steps in the link below to be sure you have the correct amount of fluid in the transmission.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fluid%20check%20Apr%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Ron it is any way you can call me4124789555 I can not find plug drain transmission fluid
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

There is no drain plug on this transmission, you have to remove the pan to drain the fluid.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK but have I can drain oil from torture converter I need drain all 13quarts
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

I explained that this morning, if the converter has the drain plug you can drain it from there. It usually easier on these newer transmission to have the transmission flushed to assure you remove 100% of all the old fluid.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can't not find it is any way send me picture
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

There are no picture of the torque converter. If you not finding it then its likely you do not have a drain for it. I would consider have a transmission flush done. That is the correct way to remove 100% of all the fluid.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK is any way I can flush out all only I have from the pan that is not all
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

The only way to flush it complete is with a transmission flush machine.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ron replied 8 days ago.

If you want to remove 100 % of the fluid a flush is the best way to do this.