Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ford f150 2013 change transmission oil how I drain torture

Customer Question

Ford f150 2013 change transmission oil how I drain torture converted
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

On some models there will be some plugs or a cover that can be removed at the bottom of the transmission where it bolts to the engine that can be removed to then access the drain plug ( if equipped).Not all torque converters have a drain plug meaning it cannot be drained manually.It would need to be removed to drain it which involves removing the transmission or a flush machine connected to the vehicle to then run the engine and allow the machine to push out the old fluid while installing new fluid as this will force out any fluid from the torque converter at the same time adding new fluid into it.

There is no set procedure in the manual on this year and model here except for a transmission flush with a flush machine when the transmission is still installed in the vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete