Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2003 7.3 keeps blowing the fuse for the tail lights. I

Customer Question

My 2003 7.3 keeps blowing the fuse for the tail lights.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I lost power to my clearance lights , fog lights and. Instermant ligts . As soon as I stick the fuse in it blows the fuse .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Thanks for allowing me to help you for a much lower fee than a dealership.

.

Is this a truck or van?

Do you know the fuse number?

Does it blow immediate when the lights are turned on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2003 f350 7.3 supercrew truck fuse 18. Blows immediately opon insertinting the fuse I don't get the fuse all the way in and it arks and blows the fuse

Fuse 18 goes the brake pedal switch and the indicator flasher relay in auxiliary relay box 1 behind the left side of the dash. This fuse powers the light green/red wire. Your looking at a most likely wire short here. I recommend starting by looking at the brake switch for chaffed grounded wiring.

.

When you are ready, please make sure to rate the question and or say you are pleased with my help so the website will compensate me from your deposit. Rating does not close the question, prevent you or I from replying. It will also keep a post open forever rather than timing out in 7 days.

Thanks Chris