Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

My windstar is cranking over fine but sounds like there's no

Customer Question

Hello my windstar is cranking over fine but sounds like there's no fuel igniting. I don't have any tools on me, is there a quick check I can do?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Gas has not been unusual. I drove it to work the other day then it got extremely cold and hasn't started since then
JA: What year is your Windstar?
Customer: 96
JA: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to do it myself. I don't really know very much except that I don't think I cant hear the fuel pump running
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you just that it cranks over, hasn't started since - 15 degree weather and does not sound like the engine is receiving gas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. On the fuel rail the should be a pressure relief valve. Looks like the valve stem on a tire, except it's metal. depress the stem in the middle an see if fuel comes on.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried checking the fuses/relay?

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Here is a diagram for the pressure valve.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...