Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have two wire harnesses/pigtails that I need to know what

Customer Question

I have two wire harnesses/pigtails that I need to know what they supply. First pic is part # XL34-14B102-AB. Second pic is XL3F-12A599-AA. They came from a 2000 F350 6.8L
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

This is a knock sensor. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/lnock.png

Are you sure the other part is from this truck. 4 parts sources say it is not on a 00 F350. It looks like a harness inline to ABS sensor.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
On the knock sensor, do you know what years that fit?
And I'm pretty sure the first one came from this truck, the only other possibility is a 97 F350 7.3L. What do your parts sources say it will fit?
Thanks.

I need to know the vehicle the part came from to see where the part is on the car. I can not look it up by seeing what vehicles it will fit. The knock sensor cable I know does fit this vehicle.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you have any way to search the part # XL34-14B102-AB? (first pic)
I'm almost positive it is from the 2000 F350 V10, but if it was tagged wrong the only other truck it could have been is a 97 F350 7.3. Can you find it on either of those?
Thanks again.

The farthest I can go back on part search is 99. I can not get back to 97.

This website says it fits a Thunderbird or LS. https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-wire-asy_xw4z-14b102-aa.html

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I found that also when I searched without using the first four characters of the part # just hoping to see what it was for. Assuming it was for a Thunderbird, what would this "wire assembly" do?

That information I can not find anywhere. Would you like to try another tech?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I would like to rate you for your answer so you get paid...if I do that can you still open the last part of the question to others?

Yes I can do that. I will opt out once you have rated the post.