Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

A 2006 Ford Expl;orer, 94,000 miles everything godd-- except

Customer Question

A 2006 Ford Expl;orer, 94,000 miles everything godd--
JA: Are you fixing your EXP yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: except warning light for air bag comes on and off while driving..
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: This is a used car I just bought.. Most of the time when stqarting up the car, the warning lights blinks on thenoff in a few seconds-- ann only some times intermittantly doees come on and stay on. the selling garage said they did have to work on the passenger seat something
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ans suggested the same question yuou mentined.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, the only thing you can do is have the restraint control module interrogated for fault codes to see which sensor is faulting. then once you have the fault code/s I can help you.

are you there?

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
According to local Ford Dealership there is a bullentin out on this intermittant
on and off flashing of the seat belt light. At no charge Head Mechanic hooked up
his lap top in the car- and said the harness under the passenger seat was possibly
causing the problem. He said the seat would have to be lifted/removed to get at the harness..
Trouble shooting like this does not appear to be covered in a maintenance plan- I would have to buy.
And the maintenance plan says nothing about Air Bags. So Must likely-I'll be paying for the correction.
The madding thing is that on initiial start up of the car - the air bag light flashes and then goes off
like itis supposed to. Then during driving it goes on and off. The Ford Mechanic asked the same
questions you did about seatr belts- and possibly putting soimething heavy in the passenger seat.Thanks for your help---Charlie "T"

it sounds like a bad connection at the passenger seat. make sure he looks at all the connectors to the module under there. or take a look yourself(just to make sure they arent trying to sell you a harness)

keep me posted.

just checking in to see how its going