K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I drove my 1999 Ford Expedition all wheel drive with a flat

Customer Question

I drove my 1999 Ford Expedition all wheel drive with a flat tire on the front right side now it jumps & wobbles back forth all over the road what n the heck did I do drove it less then a mile & very slow
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: no but the side wall size was wrong size but I replaced both frount tires with the right ones think having smaller ones on the rear would have anything to do with it should I switch them its only for a few days till I can get the right ones all the way around
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I m trying to fix it myself. Ihave not had an all wheel or 4by4 befor so really do not know where to start thought I would start with switching front & back tires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of right off hand
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, there's a high likelihood that the rim got bent and is now out of round. You can swap it to the rear and if it still does the same it's confirmed. Different size sidewalls from front to back will not cause this.