Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

I drove my 1999 Ford Expedition all wheel drive with a flat

Customer Question

I drove my 1999 Ford Expedition all wheel drive with a flat tire on the front right side now it jumps & wobbles back forth all over the road what n the heck did I do drove it less then a mile & very slow
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: no but the side wall size was wrong size but I replaced both frount tires with the right ones think having smaller ones on the rear would have anything to do with it should I switch them its only for a few days till I can get the right ones all the way around
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I m trying to fix it myself. Ihave not had an all wheel or 4by4 befor so really do not know where to start thought I would start with switching front & back tires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of right off hand
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Very first thing you should do is check and make sure the wheels are good and tight. I don't know how many miles you've driven it since this happened, but start there.

Different size tires is hard on the awd. You are likely feeling it binding and what not as the transfer case is binding. I would not drive it like this if the wheels are tight. You could damage the transfer case and cause larger problems.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!