EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

ESOF lights don't come on in dash.

Customer Question

ESOF lights don't come on in dash.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1999 F-250 7.3 tried new shift motor & used GEM. checked fuses. Tried diff relays. Can power shift motor if I pull relays & hot wire thro relay box. But no dash 4x4 lights when turning on ign or switching 4x4.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 3 months ago.

Hi.The GEM should turn on the indicator lights when the ignition is turned on. Can you check fuse 19 (10amp) in the fuse box with a test light to verify there is power there? Key has to be on for power there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is power there.

Ok. You can have the GEM module checked for codes. The GEM should turn on the lights when the key is turned on. You can access the GEM and make sure that there is power there on the circuit that fuse 19 powers up.

Here is the wiring diagram for the lights on the dash. CLICK HERE . may be a problem with the circuit for the instrument cluster bulbs from the GEM.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for that info. There is no shifting happening either no clicking anything. I've got an AE scanner but am not getting codes.

The scanner needs to be able to read the GEM module. Make sure the circuits in the diagram I supplied are good.

Thank you for using Just Answer and please take a moment to rate my assistance with your question. And, as always, after rating the question will remain open for any follow-ups you may have. Thank you.