Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2010 Expedition, no brake lights, fuse OK. replaced brake

Customer Question

2010 Expedition, no brake lights, fuse OK. replaced brake switch on brake pedal. That didn't solve the problem, is there another switch or sensor in the brake circuit?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Have not checked the fluid level.
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is my niece's truck. Trying to get her moving again. Lifted the top of the console so she can get the trans out of park so she can get the kids to school.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 3 months ago.

Let me post the wiring diagram for you, there are a few fuses I would like for you to check power on with a test light or volt meter if possible.

Expert:  Edward replied 3 months ago.

Check fuse 5 and 6 on the interior fuse panel for power . Should have 12 volts to them.

In the underhood fuse box, check fuses 43 (15 amp) and 73 (20 amp) for power (73 should be hot with key on) If those fuses are good, Then check the BLUE/RED wire at the brake lamp switch for power with key ON. let me know what you find there.