Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

It has had an issue on 3 seperate occasions over the last 2

Customer Question

It has had an issue on 3 seperate occasions over the last 2 months where it cranks but wont start. it usually takes 5-10 minutes of trying for it to fire.
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: everything seems to be working
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: xlt
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: At this point I am probably going to have to take it some where.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: if I turn the key forward it will continue to crank for about 20 seconds by itself and then stop. Then yesterday I barely turned the key and it fired
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

What model ford is it and what engine do you have? thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
F150 Xlt 5.4
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Alright, so when it doesn't start the engine just cranks and cranks correct? It just spins over and doesn't fire?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This is a very common concern with this vehicle cause by high resistance in fuse 27 in the underhood fuse box. This is the fuel pump fuse. You will need to install (or have installed) a relocation kit Ford part # EL3Z-14293-A. If you pull the fuse it will be melted on one side.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.