Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1991 mustang notchback 2.3litre. And the engine fan

Customer Question

I have a 1991 mustang notchback 2.3litre. And the engine fan wont shut off even when i have the car turned off and they keys out the engine fan stays on. The only way i can get it to shut off is if i unplug it.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yea i can turn the steering wheel perfect and the keys in great shape not worn out or damaged.
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yea im fixing it my self and im just trying find out why the fans staying on or could be causing it before i go starting taking the wrong things apart. And i was told from forms it could be a relay switch but i dont know where thoses are located and i cant find any diagrams on the engine to show me where it would be located.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that should be all everything else on the cars working perfect.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** can help you with the fans staying on all the time. Do you still need help? Are you near the car to check something?

Hello? Do you need help still?