Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

If unplugging the coolant sensor unit will allow full power?

Customer Question

If unplugging the coolant sensor unit will allow full power? Our 6.0 gauge is saying engine is overheating but it is cool. It will say it is hot upon startup. I am unable to get a replacement sensor right now as traveling and hauling livestock. Temperature in teens and I need to get on home. No power when the gauge pegs red
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 F350 SD
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Needing a quick fix to get home to then get it properly fixed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Unplugging it will make it worse. It will limp mode the engine to idle only if you had the 2011 update done on the PCM. Otherwise it just does a 15% cut in power. It all depends on the updates you had on the PCM and that is unknown until you plug the truck into the Ford IDS scanner and check it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy