Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Two things. I had to change the battery under the hood about

Customer Question

Two things. I had to change the battery under the hood about two weeks ago and two days ago the battery light came on while driving and did not go off. It is idling very low and this morning I checked all wires coming from the alternator and when I first start the truck the idle doesnt rev up and the battery light iimmediatley comes on ,after a few minutes it goes off and I check the batttery with a voltmeter and the alternator starts charging the batteries and brings the voltmeter up to 13.75 volts.I just came back from driving it and the battery light stayed on and did not go off. i dont believe in coincidences yesterday the fan blower worked and today it doesnt. Totally baffled. Andrew
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: Having a problem testing the alternator because the red wire is in the back of the alternator and cant get to it to test it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 Ford E450 Super Duty 7.3liter diesel
JA: Are you fixing your E-350 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is an E450. Have been doing it myself.Checked wire plud
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: pluggs coming from alternator .Have no idea why it charges and then it doesnt. The idle on the truck doesnt raise like it usually does. As far as blower motor checked the 50 amp fuse under the hood and it appears to be good,but blower doesnt turn on
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

That voltage reading was it while the the battery light was on?