AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar 3.8 eng. I have had 4power

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar 3.8 eng. I have had 4power steering pumps replaced the current one is now leaking. I extracted fluid from reservoir and there was black floaties in the fluid they are not magnetic. I suspect a hose degrading from the inside. The steering rack has also been replaced. Can you suggest a process for me to fix myself correctly?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

YES, both power steering hoses (pressure and return lines/hoses) and then the entire system needs to be flushed including the power steering reserviour. If any new parts start to leak again, they will need to be replaced under warranty.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!