Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Of a detailed wiring harness diagram for a 01 CVPI Im

Customer Question

I'm ISO of a detailed wiring harness diagram for a 01 CVPI Im attempting to DIY a generic Remote keyless entry unit but I don't know how locate the correct circuits so as to be able to splic into the wiring harness for the correct wires for example the lock unlock door circuit, open trunk circuit, close all power windows if oppened when doing a full lock down , circuit to the parking lights(flashing location), circuit to the horn(panic).... Etc
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: No that's not the issues
JA: What is the model of your '01 Ford?
Customer: 01 CVPI
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm DYI a generic keyless ENTRY UNIT
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want a detail diagram of the wiring harness so I can DYI this keyless remote entry unit
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Give me a list of all the circuits you need and Ill dig them up for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

OK here is what I believe I need the following circuits:

1) drive side door lock & unlock

2) all door lock &unlock

3) Trunk release

4) horn and external lights

5) all power windows open & close

I believe these are all the circuits that I can recall needing

Thank you,

Walt ūüĎć

Please email the wiring harness diagram so I can view it in full size on a computer not from this time. Email:***@******.*** please change subject to something noticeable Ie., "01CVPI WIRING HARNESS DIAGRAM" so I can easily identify your replies from other miscellaneous emails!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thankyou! These are excellent diagrams but I' it missing a Legend that explains the abbreviations being used and possibly a real color photos of which will show the actual location of the module or circuits being described a color coding for the wires of the circuits I'm ISO

Please email any of all diagrams & Photos & legends being used to wt62@ yahoo.com please change the the subject to something unique...IE., "01 CVPI WIRINH HARNESS DIAGRAM FOR REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY UNIT" this way I can easily location your reply from all the other miscellaneous emails I receive and so I can view these diagrams and or photos on a full size computer monitior vs on my existing mobile device

TIA,

WALT ūüĎć

Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Walt I do not have any Photos as this is all that Ford offered. That being said let me know which modules you need locations to and I can provide that.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a ledger of the terms and abbreviations used especially something to assist with identifying & locating the wires I'm looking for

Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

The wire is the circuits are marked as well as there color. Im not sure what you mean when you say a ledger. I can provide component locations if need be.