Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The battery was totally dead. Replaced it. Now the

Customer Question

Hi The battery was totally dead. Replaced it. Now the anti-theft will not allow me to start the car. Tried several suggestions for a fix, but nothing is working. The anti-theft light blinks, but when I turn the key it is solid red. Is this a dealer solution?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: Everything works except the ignition. How is the computer reset?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 eddie bauer
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dealership suggested disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes and reconnecting and also turning the key in the door lock several times -- neither worked.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not currently at the vehicle.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
vehicle is at the dealership. Thank you.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You wrote that the vehicle is at the dealership. Did you need assistance in what they will do?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When talking to the dealership it became obvious they would need their diagnostic equipment to fix the problem. So it has been towed. Again, thank you and I might need your help in the future.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

That's what I needed to know. I wasn;t sure if you had to tell the dealer how to resolve the issue or if this was a question you didn't need any more help with.

There are some clueless dealers out there and we get several questions all the time in what to do.

I will send this to customer service for you so they can close it.

You have a better day today.