Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 Ford F250 V-10 hasn't been started in a couple of

Customer Question

2000 Ford F250 V-10 hasn't been started in a couple of months. Engine turns over fine but no start condition exists.
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: No trouble codes showing
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't done anything other than try to start the vehicle.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Have you tried spraying some starting fluid in the air intake yet and seeing if it will run just briefly then? I would like to try and see if it was lacking fuel or spark. If you can get somebody in the truck, take the gas cap off, put your ear to it, and have them turn the key to the ON position, you should hear the fuel pump buzz for about 2-3 seconds. Let me know what happens there.