Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Battery light coming on intermittently. Hesitatedo starting

Customer Question

Battery light coming on intermittently. Hesitatedo starting the other morning but it started. Drove up street got out. Came back to car about 2 hrs later. Went to start car and it made a clicking noise but wouldn't turn over. Went to find someone to jump me off. Got back to car and it was dead. After a jump it's been starting to date but light is still coming on. Had battery and alternator tested today and shop said they were good.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: It's a 2010 limited Taurus so I'm hoping maybe the alternator is going bad
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to the shop this morning. They couldn't find anything saying battery and alternator check out ok. I said I was just going to get a new alternator and see if that works and have the wiring and belts checked by the alternator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes to what is happening and have a few suggestions what to look for and do. First of all check all the connections pertaining to charging and battery cables for corosion and tightness. I would also like to call and give you a list of things you can do.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did that. All connections is tighten good and clean

Thanx for that info, just to get an understanding of how the battery and alternator were tested. Did they put it on a AVR tester or just a hand held simulator this makes a big difference .let me know.

Still waiting for your reply back to we can proceed.