Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

1) THE ABS light is on. ( 2) I regularly use the heater and

Customer Question

1) THE ABS light is on. ( 2) I regularly use the heater and air conditioner together to keep my windows clear of fog. My heater will not get beyond warm now - and my windows fog badly. What should I ask for if I go to a well known and reputable Ford agency?
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: No. only the ABS lisht is on
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1995 Ford Tarus. Plain jane. not an sho
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No - the Ford is beyond my skills. I have done nothing yet, but intend going to the Ford service in the AM
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Todd M replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be answering your question. These two issues are not related. For your ABS light, the problem will more than likely be a wheel sensor. That will definitely cause this light to appear. It could also range from something as minor as low brake fluid. As for your heater, you could potentially have a few issues. 1.You could be low on coolant, 2.your heater control valve could be malfunctioning and not letting enough coolant through, 3.your blend door make be sticking, or 4.your heater control switch could be going bad. These are all problems that are relatively easy to diagnose.

Expert:  Todd M replied 15 days ago.

If you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...