Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I'm installing a foxbody mustang engine harness on my 86

Customer Question

I'm installing a foxbody mustang engine harness on my 86 bronco
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: I think I have it all connected correctly but I'm getting no spark
JA: What year is your Mustang?
Customer: 91 mustanf engine harness 86 bronco
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't have a mustang, I have a bronco. I have converted it to mass air and am installing an engine harness from a 91 mustang.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dontknow anything about mustangs so I'm not sure what I need to know about putting on this mustang engine harness
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What engine for the 91 did you use to replace what engine in the Bronco? Do you have the diagrams of each to match the harnesses up to where they needed to be?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Jeremy. Thanks for working with me. I am converting my bronco which has a 302 EFI. I have rebuilt the engine and removed all of the EGR systems. I installed a cam and have added a mass air sensor. Since the bronco was originally speed density I have a pcm from http://www.mass-air.com/Products.htm that they make for the trucks. I think I'm going to just start from scratch with an engine harness and make a new one. No one sells a bronco engine harness so people use a fox body harness since it has the mass air connection. I really need to know what I absolutely must have to get it running. I've ordered new relays and connectors from rock auto. What do I have to have? What's optional? Do I need to re-pin anything with this pcm I ordered?
I'm an amateur mechanic but at this point I know more about mid 80s broncos than the average bear.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

I see what you're trying to do. you need the help from a classic vehicle or restore expert. I'm not the right expert for this. i will message other experts that do this in their day to day shops for them to assist you better.