Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

Shawn, I just bought a used 2011 F150 supercrew. I have an

Customer Question

Hey Shawn, I just bought a used 2011 F150 supercrew. I have an issue with the power door locks on both rear doors. The front doors, both driver and passenger, work flawlessly. I can't even manually actuate either rear lock, however. It feels like both are frozen in the unlocked position. I'd appreciate any insights you may have. thanks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** you taken either door panel off to look inside door? Also is child safety lock in door jam locked in one position?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't removed the panels yet. It's not the child safety locks...just tried and confirmed this by switching the safety switch back and forth. both back doors are in the unlocked position and I cannot even push the knobs down to lock them.

The lock actuators in the doors go bad all the time. You may have to remove the actuators to see if latch lock moves freely. You can find actuator packs of 4 for all doors cheap on ebay.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, I presumed it might be the actuators. Is this typical of a failed actuator, however? The fact that I can't manual actuate the door lock?

This is very common since they started using cheap plastic parts in the locks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
okay. thanks.

Please accept the answer and rate me 5 Stars. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't accept the answer until I confirm this is the problem.

You can still accept and rate my answer now. You still have 7 days to come back and ask any more questions with out additional charges. The rating and acceptance is so I get credit for helping you.