Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Has fuel and spark wont start, doesnt start, 94 thunderbbird

Customer Question

has fuel and spark wont start
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: doesnt start
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 94 thunderbbird 3.8
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: crank sensor cam sensor coil pack
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: driving along freeway slowed to 30 and then died and started once after that and died wont start again
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

In order for the engine start and stay running you need good spark at the spark plug, proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) , injector pulse and good compression. If you are sure you have proper fuel pressure and good spark, can you check and see if you have injector pulse as well as good compression?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
checked injector pulse it is good engine has 90,000 miles i will check compression fuel pressure is 40psi
Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Okay if your sure you have good spark, injector pulse and 40 PSI of fuel pressure then checking the compression would be the next step for sure. Let me know what you find and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
compression less than 50 psi on 3 cylinders
Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Okay then with this low compression and the amount of miles you have on it It looks like the timing chain has jumped on you.